ChemTec’s excess flow valves are perfect for a variety of industries. Below are some examples.
Industry Example 1: Semiconductor Fabrication
- Installed in-line on hydrogen gas feeder lines; responsible for supplying hydrogen gas into the plant, delivering hydrogen to multiple areas within the plant.
Product Details: Ultra-high purity, electro-polished to 10 RA finish, manual reset excess flow valve with welded ¾” VCR fittings*, electric switch conduit, CE and ATEX mark. *The welded VCR fitting option is of great benefit to the customer providing easy removal and replacement for cleaning without damaging the unit.
Industry Example 2: Alternative Fuel
- Natural Gas Vehicles
- CNG Fueling Stations
- Hydrogen Fuel Cells
Industry Example 3: Hydrogen Generators
- CNG (compressed natural gas) filling stations
- Housed within NGV’s (natural gas vehicles)
- Hydrogen generators in cell phone towers
Industry Option 4: Food & Beverage
- Packaging Equipment – bursts of nitrogen are used during the sealing stage in both dry and liquid packaging processes. Used in Cap feeding; Sealing; Bottling/Kegging/Canning
- Cryogenics – used for dry goods packaging; dispensing of nitrogen for product freshness and bag sealing.
- Specialty Gas distribution lines – used to monitor the dispensing of gases (CO2 or nitrogen) for beverage grade beer & soda consumption
- Liquid Nitrogen dosing systems – for peanut packaging and wine bottling
- Liquid Filling Systems – signal flow/no flow condition of liquids and monitor the amount dispensed prevents over/under fill.
- Process Technology – CIP (clean in place) & SIP (sterilization in place) systems; UV Systems for disinfection; Recirculating chillers
- Filtration – signal flow/no flow condition and monitor liquids; monitor prevents pump burn-out; can signal notice of filter maintenance. Used in Batch processing; Brewing process; CO2 reclamation; Filling; Pasteurizing; Reverse osmosis (removing chlorine and fluorine from water before brewing process)
- Beverage Pumps – signal flow/no flow condition; monitor liquids; prevention of pump burn-out.
Industry Option 5: Marine
- Reverse Osmosis Desalination – Installed to protect pumps, monitor flow, signals flow/no-flow conditions for quality; monitors operating pressures and fresh water flush upon shutdown. Units are available in materials suitable for use on seawater such as Monel 400, to resist corrosion, and 316SS which is suitable for all potable water applications.
Industry Example 6: Gas Utilities
- Application: Natural Gas lines
- Line size: 1” diameter or less is a common line size for most residential and commercial lines (i.e. homes, apartments, townhomes, condos, restaurants, plants & factories).
- Placement: Installed in-line, between the main “T” and the home; where the line pressure is not less than 10psig.
Customized Excess Flow Valves for Any Application
The excess flow valve shown below has been customized with automatic tube welds and VCR fittings for an OEM of hydrogen gas delivery systems. Installed in an ultra-high purity application, ease of installation and removal without causing damage was of utmost importance with this design.
Below, the EFV-750-S MRS is customized with tube stubbs and flanges.
EFV-750-S MRS FP